Monday, November 25, 2013

Motivational Monday...

I am totally geek-ing out on motivational quotes these last few weeks (and rightfully so - with the addition of strength training to my routine, and some consistency with cross training, I feel like I have been pushing myself way outside of my comfort zone). I have also decide to commit myself (to the insane asylum) to trying the Hanson's Marathon Method for my Providence training, beginning January 1st. This plan is intense and will require a pretty large time commitment, especially during the already busy school week. I took some time last weekend to make myself a lovely OCD inspired spreadsheet of my running schedule for the 18 week program, complete with the required paces for each workout (Hanson's is VERY specific about what pace you should be running for each workout). I'll admit..I am WICKED psyched to give this a try. I am psyched because this is going to be a HUGE challenge. I know I am going to have to dig deep, and really push myself outside my comfort level...

But, I'm a firm believer in this....


And, let's not forget this...


I have made some contingencies with this plan, just in case I find it to be way too much for me to handle (if it is going to result in injury). But I keep seeing race reports from people who have committed to this plan, and the results are staggering. And, it makes sense. Cumulative fatigue. Doing one long run, once a week, it not going to teach your body to push through the demands of a marathon. So, it's time to take on the challenge. I've already BQ-ed at Hartford, let's see if I can push the envelope and BQ by more. 



So, I guess you can say I'm pretty "run-bunc-tious" about this whole thing...



And just in case this post isn't corny enough for you, here's one more...



Always. 



*Corny quotes brought to you by Pinterest







No comments:

Post a Comment