Yep, that makes me feel pretty awesome. That was the case with last night's meal - Black Bean Burgers and Sweet Potato "fries."
|Seriously - this was the black bean "quarter pounder"|
1 can black beans
Chopped yellow onion (next time, I will be sauteeing these prior to cooking)
Bread crumbs OR oats
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
1. Mash black beans by hand (I highly recommend using the Pampered Chef nylon masher - love this thing!). Mix in egg, bread crumb/oats, onions, garlic powder, and onion powder until super thick.
2. Make into patties.
3. Put onto parchment paper.
4. Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, flipping 1/2 way through.
Nate even liked the Sweet Potato fries (he claims he doesn't like sweet potatoes, but this is now the second dinner I've made with them that get his stamp of approval).
1 sweet potato sliced (next time I'm using two - I wanted more of these!)
2tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove cut into small pieces
Cumin to taste
Salt to taste
1. Slice the potato and put in a ziplock bag.
2. Add all the ingredients to the ziplock bag and mix em up!
3. Put fries on a pan spayed with cooking spray.
4. Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes - the longer, the crispier!
|After cooking. Yum Yum Yum! SO making more "fries" next time!|