Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sweet Potato, Kale and Lentil Soup (POWERHOUSE MEAL!!)

For those of you who have followed this mission to learn to cook and eat clean from the beginning, you know that I was, and sometimes still am, a DISASTER in the kitchen. So before we get onto this recipe, I have a confession to make. This was only the 3rd time, in my life, making soup from scratch. BUT, this was SO good (and husband approved) that I am ditching the Campbell's forever! Buh bye!

Sweet Potato, Kale and Lentil Soup

(as always, I apologize for the incomplete quantities on the ingredients list. I still like to pretend I am like my little old Sicilian grandmother who could just throw Lord knows what in pot and make a five course meal out of it).




2 carrots diced
2 stalks of celery diced
1 sweet potato
1/2 bunch of kale
1 cup lentils
1/2 onion diced
Vegetable broth + water
Salt and pepper to taste
Cumin to taste (you better believe I used a ton)
Garlic powder to taste (next time, I'm just using garlic)
Olive Oil or whatever oil you prefer to use!

1. Saute carrots, celery, onion and kale. Add in diced sweet potato for just a few minutes at the end.
2. Boil vegetable broth and extra water. Add in cumin, salt and pepper, and garlic powder. When boiling, add in lentils until cooked.
3. Add in sauteed mix for the last 3-5 minutes.
4. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese (my vice, yes please!).

No comments:

Post a Comment