|Small Groups/Me "desk"|
1. Schedule the workouts in the plan book a week-2 weeks out and switch em up when the schedule calls. Open house next Thursday = mid week 8 miler will NOT happen that day...but it WILL happen the day before!
2. Remember - I cannot be an effective teacher if I am burnt out and not taking care of myself. On those days I want to stay at school till 7PM and forego the run...remember..PURPOSE. Chances are staying until 7PM won't make me a better teacher the next day. Getting my run in and being healthy (mentally and physically), will.
3. If I am really burnt out and need a rest day, I will take one. But not because I am planning on pulling an all nighter making stuff for my kiddos or planning (done that one too many times in past Septembers). A rest day will be a rest day...
4. Plan out my meals for the week on Sunday, and even prep some on Sunday as well. I am not worried about executing this one...I feel like I have made this habit over the last year.
5. Stop. Enjoy. Breath. Enjoy. Although the beginning of kindergarten is a lot of work, it is amazing fun. The kids change SO much within the nine months I have with them. At the end of the year, they are completely different little people. Every year I get to June and reflect back on how far they have come, and regret not taking more time to enjoy how little they know in September. They are innocent. They are cute. They say the darnest things! And, it's a testament to the work we do at our school how far they come in a year. This year, I will try to appreciate it a little bit more, instead of compulsively analyzing where they are at and looking forward to what I need to teach them next...
But in reality, I can't help it. It's the teacher in me...or, maybe, it's the runner in me...
|My leveled library|
|Another small group area|