Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza Crust Revisited

A few weeks ago, I tried out a new recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust. We both ended up loving it and have had it every Sunday night for dinner since. While I love eating it, I do not love making it. It is a lot of work (which is why it has become our Sunday night dinner - only night with time to make it). I had shared the recipe on a long run with a friend, and she tried it out and came back with a few tips for speeding up the process.  The result - MUCH easier to do AND more crust! (yum, more pizza for me!).

Here is what we changed...

Instead of chopping of the cauliflower and putting it into my teeny tiny food processor, I boiled it for about 15 minutes, strained it, and then mashed it up in a mixing bowl. Same result (riced cauliflower) - a lot less work. From there on out, I followed the rest of the original recipe doubled (used 2 eggs, 1 cup of cheese, and upped the amount of basil and red pepper - I don't measure spices, I just throw them in).

If you decide to try the recipe and boil the cauliflower instead of putting it in the food processor, I have some tips (learned from mistakes made- oops!) - you are going to need to strain/squeeze the water out of it like CRAZY as it retains way more water when you boil it. Also, you may want to cook it for 3-4 minutes longer if you boil the cauliflower.

Revamped and doubled the recipe = a LOT of pizza...yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment