Saturday, December 28, 2013

Flour-less, Dairy Free and no sugar added "Cookies"

When I first made my "pretend cookies" over a year ago, I stuck to a pretty plain recipe - 2 bananas, 2 cups of oats and some craisins - mix em together and pop them in the over for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. They were pretty good, but certainly did not taste like a real cookie, and certainly did not have the consistency of a real cookie.

As I was putting groceries away today, I found 3 extremely old bananas in the pantry. Seeing as I HATE throwing out food, I decided to give the cookies a try again, but play around with the recipe. I took the basic recipe, but this time added in cinnamon, and some PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter with Chocolate.  I also cooked them for 25 minutes (and on my brand new pampered chef stoneware!!) to help the middles firm up a bit.

These were WAY better with the PB2 and the cinnamon, and had a much firmer consistency with the additional 5 minutes of cook time. They could just actually pass as a cookie now! I was also very pleased to find some use for my PB2 with chocolate. I accidentally bought the chocolate kind and was very disappointed when I sat down to eat my nightly apple + peanut butter last week. It just was not the same with the chocolate, but I figured I could find some recipes to throw it in! Voila!

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom...these didn't last long! 



No comments:

Post a Comment